Sydney, Australia, 19 May 2011 – Culinary vacations are an ideal way to immerse yourself in a nation's culture and give you a lasting souvenir – the ability to reproduce delectable dishes in your own kitchen.
To help foodies take a delicious journey around the world, HotelsCombined.com names the top hotel cooking classes that let you savor travel memories at home. Whether making al dente pasta in Italy or rolling sushi in Japan – learn something new and delight in the local delicacies. Bon Appétit!
Yury Glikin, Director of Business Development at HotelsCombined.com, commented, "We are seeing a growing number of hotels offer cooking classes to cater for this ever increasing travel genre. Learning to cook is a wonderful way to gain insight into local traditions, as few things give you a better insight into a culture like its food."
- French Cuisine – For a Julia Child-like experience, try your hand at cooking the French classics at the Escoffier Cooking School in the Hotel Ritz Paris. Acquire all the disciplines of French cuisine, from pastry-making to appreciation of wine. Bilingual French/English assistants are on hand to provide simultaneous translation.
- Thai Cuisine – Learn the art of Thai cooking at the Oriental Thai Cooking School in the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok Hotel. For nearly two decades, the school has taught secrets of preparing Thai feasts of the highest standards, as well as giving insights into the fascinating culture and traditions of Thailand.
- Vietnamese Cuisine – Let Restaurant Nineteen in the Caravelle Hotel Ho Chi Minh City take you on a journey of Vietnamese food. Your gastronomic tour will begin with a ride in a Vietnamese cyclo to the Ben Than Market, where you will hand pick the ingredients then return to the kitchen to immerse yourself in the Viet style of cooking and all the gorgeous spices and smells that come with it.
- Italian Cuisine – For absolute immersion into Italian culture, check out the cooking classes at the Four Seasons Hotel Milan. Discover all the secrets of first-class cuisine as you prepare and cook a complete exquisite menu. Don't worry if your Italian is not up to scratch, private cooking classes can also be arranged in English.
- Khmer Cuisine – Distinctly Cambodian, Restaurant Le Grand in the Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor Siem Reap teaches the steep traditions of Khmer cuisine. Executive chefs will be with you each step of the way – from picking out produce at the Siem Reap morning markets to tasting your own culinary creation.
- Indian Cuisine – Trace the authentic flavors of Rajasthan at the Oberoi Udaivilas Hotel Udaipur. Be inspired by master chefs to create specialty breads, Indian meat and vegetable dishes, and gain an understanding of the medicinal applications of the spices used in Indian cuisine.
- Japanese Cuisine – Learn to prepare perfect tempura and two styles of sushi (nigiri and maki) at The Peninsula Hotel Tokyo. With emphasis on balance and harmony in flavor, colors and textures – your end result will be most rewarding.
- Moroccan Cuisine – Working with one of three dadas (traditional Moroccan women cooks) and the Head Chef at Dar Les Cigognes Hotel Marrakech you will gain insight into Moroccan ingredients and techniques in preparing traditional dishes. Guests can also join the Head Chef on his daily rounds of the markets to buy the day's fresh foods in some of the most colorful markets in Marrakech.
- Syrian Cuisine – On the quest to serve up the impeccable mezze? Damascus Hostel has got you covered. You'll be given a list of ingredients so you can engage with locals at the markets or if you are less adventurous, they can buy everything for you. This is followed by a cookery demonstration in the hotel kitchen, where everyone plays an active role. Just make sure you come with a big appetite!
- Turkish Cuisine – Sarnic Hotel Istanbul showcases what makes their city special through authentic Turkish cuisine. During your hands-on session, you will prepare a five-course meal of traditional dishes culminating in the tasting on the restaurant rooftop.
- Greek Cuisine – Create delicious Greek dishes with a Santorinian twist at Atlantis Beach Villa Hotel Santorini. Make koufeto, meletinia and other local recipes, while soaking in the coastal beauty on this jewel of the Cyclades islands.
- Spanish Cuisine – Indulge in the culinary delights of Spain. V Hotel Vejer De La Frontera offers food enthusiasts a fun filled time of cooking, classes and eating. From fruit of the sea, summer lunches to tapas, you will truly experience the spectrum of Spanish cuisine.
HotelsCombined.com is the world’s leading hotel price comparison search engine. The site
streamlines more than 2,500,000 real-time international hotel deals into one simple and
efficient format, aggregating prices from online travel agents including Booking.com,
Agoda.com, Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, and direct from hotels including
Hilton, Accor Hotels, Choice Hotels, Best Western and Intercontinental Hotel Group. More
than 6.5 million monthly HotelsCombined.com users compare multiple hotels simultaneously
and then click directly to partner Web sites to make a reservation. With no mark-up fees
or additional booking fees, HotelsCombined.com offers travelers a completely free and
invaluable tool for finding unbeatable hotel deals.
Phone: +61 2 8011 4192
Mobile: +61 403 561 344
HotelsCombinedTM in the News
you a darned good search”
“great website to help you
save some cash”