Sydney, Australia, 22 March 2011 – HotelsCombined.com, the world leader in hotel price comparison, today announced the most innovative ways that hotels are participating in Earth Hour on Saturday 26 March 2011.
James Ferguson, who heads up the HotelsCombined.com Green Hotels and Responsible Tourism Initiative, commented, "Hotels can make a great contribution to this global pursuit of ongoing environmental change organized by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). All it takes is switching off non-essential power for Earth Hour and encouraging staff and guests to also participate."
Numerous hotels around the world will be showing their support for Earth Hour and beyond. Here are just some examples:
- Fairmont Hotels and Resorts – Keeping with its commitment to environmental protection and sustainability, Fairmont Hotels will mark this eco-friendly event by involving its hotel guests. At the historic Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Resort Nanyuki, guests will be treated to a moonlight walk that will end with a tree planting activity. The Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Hotel Abu Dhabi is taking Earth Hour beyond just the hour, by generating 24 hours of renewable energy. The lobby of the hotel will be outfitted with stationary bicycles and with the use of dymo technology, a full 24 hours of cycling shared amongst the hotel staff, guests, dignitaries and the community will generate energy to offset some of the power normally used by the hotel.
- Delta Hotels and Resorts – In addition to going 'lights out', the chain will further demonstrate its commitment to the environment, by providing guests with a host of energy-saving services. These range from creative family-friendly activities to reusable shopping bags. At Delta Ocean Pointe Resort Victoria the property will serve milk and earth decorated cookies during kids' story time in the lobby featuring Dr. Seuss' book The Lorax, chosen because of its important environmental message. The Delta Hotel Regina will be giving away complimentary Credo bags to guests, encouraging the use of reusable bags.
- Mantra Group – Participating Mantra Group properties will demonstrate their commitment through a series of internal and external energy saving initiatives. Highlights of this year's events include the Q1 Resort & Spa Gold Coast, which will be extinguishing the lights on its iconic rooftop crown, making the darkened tower a striking visual symbol of Earth Hour. And Peppers Beach Club & Spa Cairns are encouraging guests to toast the Earth Hour movement with a special Earth Hour candlelight cocktail event.
- Pan Pacific Hotel Group – Pan Pacific Hotels Group will support Earth Hour in Singapore with active efforts from the Pan Pacific Orchard Hotel Singapore. This elegant hotel will be inviting guests to eat and drink in an environmentally conscious manner by hosting 'Happy Earth Hour' and 'Organic Dinner in the Dark'.
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts – Participating Starwood Hotels will be dimming or turning off non-essential interior lighting, using candlelight in appropriate public areas such as restaurants and bars, and using in-room voicemail messages and in-room television messages to inform guests about Earth Hour. And for the first time, the Starwood Preferred Guest program invites guests to take part in Earth Hour and will award 100 Starpoints to every member who registers.
HotelsCombined.com is the world’s leading hotel price comparison search engine. The site
streamlines more than 2,500,000 real-time international hotel deals into one simple and
efficient format, aggregating prices from online travel agents including Booking.com,
Agoda.com, Expedia.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, and direct from hotels including
Hilton, Accor Hotels, Choice Hotels, Best Western and Intercontinental Hotel Group. More
than 6.5 million monthly HotelsCombined.com users compare multiple hotels simultaneously
and then click directly to partner Web sites to make a reservation. With no mark-up fees
or additional booking fees, HotelsCombined.com offers travelers a completely free and
invaluable tool for finding unbeatable hotel deals.
Phone: +61 2 8011 4192
Mobile: +61 403 561 344
HotelsCombinedTM in the News
you a darned good search”
“great website to help you
save some cash”